Breaking News
recent

Sailcloth makes final 10


By Edward Copeland
A little while back, when I did a post on three short films in the running for the Academy's live action short Oscar (a minuscule sampling since 107 shorts in total were eligible), I ended up liking two out of the three, but thought that Sailcloth starring John Hurt and written and directed by Elfar Adalsteins was by far the jewel of the three.

The Academy has announced its short list of the 10 films from which the final nominees for the Oscar in the live action short category and Sailcloth is the only of those three films to make the cut and, I might add, deservingly so. Of course, I haven't seen its nine competitors, but I'm glad it's still in the running.



sho fia

sho fia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.